Saturday, November 27, 2010

High school reunion

It's my teenage vow of self-preservation: I try never to say the words, "I feel old." I hope future me appreciates this, but I'm sure I've embarrassed her some other way.

Today I will dress up, put on make-up, pick up an old friend, and head out to a bar for my 5-year high school reunion. Part of me cannot believe that it has been 5 years since I donned the white cap and gown. The other part knows that I have been at least ten versions of myself since graduation and this is more likely to be a introduction to a group of people I don't know and who don't know me.

Half of that is very accurate. I know all of the girls from my class, as I graduated from an all-girls class of 76 girls, but I only knew 4 or 5 of the guys at the neighboring brother school.

It's a little nerve-frying, as I'm supposed to know everyone in the room, but I'm determined that it will be fun. I love my city, another thing that has changed since high school, and I'm excited to meet and reconnect with Richmond residents who are my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended