Friday, August 19, 2011

Oh Canada - 7QT, Volume 41

Click here to read the original post at ConversionDiary.com


*1*
It's been a while since I've gushed about my love for most things Canadian, so it may not make waves when I say:

Gilbert Blythe: My favorite Canadian
I'M FINALLY GOING TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!

I will be in the Northwest of the United States next week and one day I will make the trip to fair Canada.

I'm so anxious. What should I do to prepare? Practice my "OU?" Read Anne of Green Gables? Watch anything with Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Perry, or Rachel McAdams in it? Play a game of hockey, eh?

I'm just kidding Canadians, I know you're much more than that. Stick (oh I didn't even mean to make a hockey pun) around and you'll learn I have a weird, pointed obsession with Canada.

*2*
Have you discovered VirtuousPla.net yet? Read a little about it here or check out the two posts I published there this week:
Thinking hard about these quick takes.
*3*
Liesl's has deep thoughts. Do you?

*4*
Emily tweeted this article about a man's perspective on NFP and it was a great read!

*5*
This week I read Jackie's take on politics. While we agree on many points, the main problem I have with politics is that I won't compromise my faith to fit into a political pocket. She and I just disagree on which points to "lead a charge." I'm still working on it...

This article about Papa Bene 16 calling for economies to have morals helps.

When I was looking into other posts on Jackie's blog, I used a Google search which brought me in contact with this advertisement about "gentle abortions." Gentle. Abortions?

My spirit is exhausted.

*6*

Dark Chocolate Guinness Cake with Bailey’s Buttercream
It doesn't solve my spiritual fatigue problem, but I bet it tastes pretty good.

*7*

This week was a weird post. Trista was in Spain, but posted anyway (because she's a champ). My post was very different than I expected and Julie's has been trolled by a rude commenter. Thanks to those who wrote on the topic: "Feminine Genius: The Dress!"

My post: "Month of the Dress."
Trista: "Dresses and the Apostolate of Beauty."
Julie: "Dresses Rule, Pants Drool, and Other Facts of Life." -- Which is getting a lot of silly comments.
Emily: "Tomboy fights back."
Chloe: "In All [Her] Splendor."

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the mention :D Totally use that as one of mine.
That cake looks delicious! Ahh, how I miss cake.
YAY Canada! I can't wait to hear all about it after you go :)
And oy, gentle abortion? Did you see the tweet Julie sent yesterday about a girl asking if there were any free ones so she could buy an iPhone? Our world these days...

Liesl said...

I now expect to have 548430 people head on over to my blog expecting to read something really insightful... only to find that I spend my time pondering shampoo bottles and blind people shopping haha.

Also, I think you should work on bouting up your computer as you're aboot to take a trip to Canada.

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended