Friday, July 8, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday, Volume 36

Click here to read the original post at ConversionDiary.com
*1*
he Little Mermaid has always been my favorite Disney Princess movie until a college freshman friend told me that "those who love the Little Mermaid have a deep-seeded, unquenchable satisfaction. They can't be happy where they are." Thank you freshman year, Psych 101.

Well, it's official. I'm Ariel, according to Disney itself! Their description sounds nothing like that of the 18-year-old friend of mine:

My favorite part is "just a bit headstrong." Nuh uh!

*2*
n my July-is-for-saving-money vein:

PlasticJungle.com

That is all.



*3*
n my July-is-for-saving-money vein:

Restaurant.com

I used a gift certificate from here to go to a restaurant, saved more than 50% (well, I only spent about $4 for $25 of a $44 bill and someone special wouldn't let me pay for the rest). I'm glad I saved that much because I also ruled out that restaurant as a NEVER GO THERE AGAIN place.

*4*
ore July-is-for-saving-money:

AllYou.com and RetailMeNot.com



*5*
hat have I noticed? This saving-money experiment is actually wreaking havoc on my brain. I can't stop thinking of ways to save money and that's starting to bug me.

Also, I keep finding myself prepared to buy something, just because I have a coupon. That's no good, the idea was to SAVE money. Beware of that.

*6*
ur birthday present to my father was tickets to the Darius Rucker concert here in Richmond and it was a BLAST. What a beautiful, talented man!

It was about 90 degrees when the sun finally went down, so we were pretty toasty. For your information (and playlist-making pleasure), he played the following set list:

  • Love will do that
  • Alright
  • All I want
  • Don't think I don't think about it
  • The craziest thing
  • I got nothin'
  • I only wanna be with you (from Hootie and the Blowfish days)
  • Southern state of mind
  • Let her cry (from Hootie and the Blowfish days)
  • You never even called me by my name!
  • It won't be like this for long
  • Space Cowboy (Steve Miller Band)
  • This
  • Come back song
  • Family tradition (Hank Williams)
  • History in the making
  • In a big way 
  • One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor (no idea...)
  • Purple rain (yes, THAT Purple Rain, by Prince)
Before the concert began, my family and I made lists of six songs we "bet" he would play. The winner got to pick the ice cream cake flavor.... my dad won! I guess he knows Darius best.

*7*


ll of the Bright Maidens and Bright Men who contributed this week had interesting takes on the topic of Tattoos! Read below or see here:

Trista, "In Memory of"
Elizabeth, "Needle and the damage done"
Emily, "No Tattoos For Me"
Paige, "Inklings..."
Chloe, "An Echoing Breeze"
Stacy, "My Body My Choice - Casey Anthony's 'Bella Vita'"

Julie is still working on hers and I'll post it when she has it!

Also, do you tweet? Tweet with us @BrightMaidens :)

5 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

I bet Darius' concert was awesome! Love his tunes.

I love the Little Mermaid too! :)

Emily said...

Kendra exposed me to Darius Rucker. Although I'm not the biggest fan of country, I did enjoy some of his songs :p

I love Little Mermaid too.

And thanks for all those links. My work day is now being filled with finding ways to save money :)

Liesl said...

Please watch Extreme Couponing!

I love your save money scheme. As I have yet to find a job, I am trying to do that more, but it's not working too well! Darn living near DC... it's so pricey!

Thanks for the links - I will have to check those out!

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

The Little Mermaid is my favorite!!!!

I should really look into the links you posted! Saving money would be a good thing!

I'm glad you had such a great time at the Darius Rucker concert! I have to confess I only know his song "This." We don't have a country music station in urban/suburban NY, so that's my lame excuse...

Anthony S. Layne said...

Now I would like to have heard Hootie's cover of "Purple Rain"! I'm not a country fan, and I've actually been listening mostly to EWTN in the car, so it caught me by surprise a couple of years back when I found that Darius had gone CW.

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended