Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Mother Teresa, book review

Mother TeresaMother Teresa by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an adorable book to introduce kiddos to the life of service that was Saint Mother Teresa's! The illustrations in the book are colorful and I could see how they would maintain the attention of the child listening. The story is directly told (trying to tell her entire life story in read-aloud form must have been tough) and weaves some phrases from her most famous quotes ("do them with great love").

The book doesn't mention Jesus or her love for Him through the poor. I recognize it's a non-religious book, but that was her purpose. I also might have chose a serif font (so so picky, I know. That doesn't play a role in my rating.) so that early readers could start identifying the letters and sight words used in the text.

The book did a fine job of showing her loving nature. I am not sure how to do this with a children's book, but this woman was also an extremely strong woman. The meekness of her definitely comes across, but I'm not sure the strength is obvious and that's one of the important balances of being a saint.

View all my reviews @StartlingtheDay Elizabeth's post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended