Wednesday, September 12, 2018

From the Draft Archives: NFP thoughts

**I wrote this in 2014 and never published it... but it made me chuckle to think about this season of life.**

Let me tell you something.

Chastity is hard.

It's not hard like: man, I just sprinted a mile in under 7 minutes for the first time and my muscles are burning and my lungs are wheezing.

It's hard like: Man, who blindfolded me one month after my stomach stapling surgery, threw me in an unmarked van, and then pushed me out at the threshold of an outdoor all-you-can-eat food festival.

Yes, I'm hungry and I need to eat, but I also know what is better for me and eating the entire table full of hot wings and sweet potato fries is...not.

The discipline and prayerful discernment required to successfully practice NFP has produced the fruit of a more unified marriage, a greater understanding of self-sacrifice, and a deeper devotion to God's will. Why binge on spam when you can have steak?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended