Sunday, August 15, 2010

Earthy Autumn

Something I always look forward to for the Fall is the re-emergence of the flower child in everyone. I just got these new leaf shaped cut outs and I am so excited to use them! I HAVE A DREAM that someone who’s having a Fall wedding will order these with a little colored bead deco or chain.

Otherwise, there can be a lot of non-coordinated lovely ladies walking around with these as earrings, necklaces or bracelets. We don't seem to see as many weddings in the autumn.  Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (believe me, I will post about my love for this movie in the future) was my first exposure to the concept of a June bride. Fifty years later (or one hundred and fifty, depending on how you look at it) that's still the wedding season.

As a future Catholic bride (God willing) and quick, efficient organizer, I'm not keen on a long engagement. I would happily walk towards the tabernacle and my husband in crispy autumn. That was my inspiration for this Etsy "treasury." If you are unfamiliar with Etsy, shame on you. If you are unfamiliar with treasuries on Etsy, you're in for an addictive treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Considering commenting? Indulge the urge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommended